TRAINEE SYMPOSIUM at RIKEN Yokohama Campus on Monday, March 12th, 2018
The "Trainee symposium" is for students and post-docs (trainees) to present their oral talks and to create networks with experts and other trainees. Audience is mainly trainees who have registered to HGM2018 (pre-registration is required for the Trainee symposium). Senior scientists are also welcome to attend the symposium, depending on availability of space. Trainees are encouraged to take part in this symposium as speakers. Please submit your abstract in the HGM2018 abstract submission system. Oral talks will be chosen from the submitted abstracts. Outstanding talks selected from the Trainee symposium will be invited to present in the HGM2018 main Meeting.
Date / Venue
- Date: March 12, 2018 (Monday) 10:30-18:40
- • Venue: RIKEN Yokohama Campus Koryuto Hall: Access information: http://www.yokohama.riken.jp/english/access/index.html
- 12 trainee oral talks
- 15 minutes for “talk + questions”
- 3 invited talks by HUGO Council members
- 30 minutes x 3 talks
- Networking events (meet the experts)
- RIKEN Lab tour
Scholarship opportunity for graduate student or postdoctoral fellow
Trainee scholarship will be awarded to support travel and accommodation fees for HGM2018 attendance. This scholarship is provided by RIKEN. The scholarships will cover a travel stipend and a hotel room.
Scholarship recipients needs to
- Submit abstract for HGM2018 and accepted for either for oral or poster presentation at the main meeting.
- Present as oral speakers in the Trainee Symposium at RIKEN Yokohama on March 12.
- Attend the main meeting at PACIFICO YOKOHAMA from March 13-15th.
To apply scholarship, register to the HGM2018 meeting by checking box on website for RIKEN Trainee Symposium on March 12th. Complete your payment, then submit your abstract. Send e-mail to email@example.com with the registration number, the title of your abstract, contact information including institution, position (graduate student or postdoctoral fellow) and name of PI to by December 17, 2017.